Associate degree of medical laboratory (ADML)
We follow the national curriculum on nursing, midwifery and medical laboratory of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. The nursing program is divided into 6 semesters with a total of 143 credits (excluded 33 credits of English and basic computer). Students conduct their clinical placement in the Institute, the community, public and private hospitals in Phnom Penh and Provinces, under the guidance and supervision from senior health workers and medical preceptors. On top of medical and technical studies, students have opportunities to enhance their basic computer and English proficiency. Basic computer and English are additional subjects to the national curriculum on medical laboratory of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education.
By the end of the program, students will:
- Acquire and apply knowledge, skills and competencies in medical laboratory techniques and management with high competency, professionalism and working ethics.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of conduct and policies in medical laboratories in Cambodia and overseas.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in research, the use of data and evidence in conducting health education and in improving health for all.
- Obtain and apply high skills and appropriate behavior in communications with patients, families, and clients, regardless of their gender, political beliefs, living standards, religion and race.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and to be able to work independently and in a team with people with different disciplines and nationalities.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and become effective in both working independently and in a team with others who have the same but sometimes different disciplines.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in basic technology and are ready to learn and share new knowledge and skills.
- Be able to communicate in English.
|ADML01-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADML01-PHB||Psychology and health behavior||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML01-LSD||Life span development||Core/classroom||2|
|ADML01-EFMM||English and French medical terms||Core/classroom||2|
|ADML01-LNP||Law and nursing practice||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML01-ONS||Overviews of nursing science||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML01-FNT||Fundamentals nursing theory||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML01-AP1||Anatomy and physiology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADML01-AP2||Anatomy and physiology 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADML01-HP1||Human pathology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADML01-FNM1||Fundamentals of nursing methodology 1||Core/classroom/practices||3|
|ADML02-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADML02-LME||Laboratory materials and equipment||Core/classroom||4|
|ADML02-LEML||Law and ethics medical laboratory technology practice||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML02-AP3||Anatomy and physiology 3||Core/classroom||2|
|ADML02-LMG||Laboratory management generality||Core/classroom||2|
|ADML02-GSM||General specimen examination||Core/lab||3|
|ADML02-LSC||Laboratory specimen collection||Core/lab||4|
|ADML02-LMG||Laboratory and management generality||Core/lab||1|
|ADML03-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADML03-CP 2||Cyto-pathology 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML03-LTM2||Laboratory technique in microbiology 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML03-LTHI 1||Laboratory technique in hematology and immunology 1||Core/lab||2|
|ADML04-Immun 1||Immunology 1||Core/classroom||2|
|ADML04-LTM 2||Laboratory techniques in microbiology 1||Core/lab||6|
|ADML04-LTM 1||Laboratory techniques in microbiology 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADML04-LTHI 1||Laboratory techniques in hematology and immunology 1||Core/lab||4|
|ADML05-LTM 2||Laboratory techniques in microbiology 2||Core/classroom/lab||3|
|ADML05-Bioc 2||Biochemistry 2||Core/classroom/lab||3|
|ADML05-LTHI 2||Laboratory techniques in hematology and immunology 2||Core/lab||2|
|ADML06-LTM2||laboratory techniques in microbiology 2||Core/classroom/lab||3|
|ADML06-LTHI2||Laboratory techniques in hematology and immunology 2||Core/lab||1|
ADML total credits = 143 credits (included English and basic computer)
ADML program total credits = 110 credits (excluded English and basic computer)
ADML program total hours = 3090 hours (excluded English and basic computer)
Theory = 1135 Hours = 36.73% Practie = 1955 Hours = 63.27%