Associate degree of midwifery (ADM)
We follow the national curriculum on nursing, midwifery and medical laboratory of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. The nursing program is divided into 6 semesters with a total of 144 credits (excluded 33 credits of English and basic computer). Students conduct their clinical placement in the Institute, the community, public and private hospitals in Phnom Penh and Provinces, under the guidance and supervision from senior health workers and medical preceptors. On top of medical and technical studies, students have opportunities to enhance their basic computer and English proficiency. Basic computer and English are additional subjects to the national curriculum on midwifery of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education.
By the end of the program, students will:
- Acquire and apply knowledge, skills, competencies, professionalism and appropriate behaviors in caring, midwifery and nursing careers for people of all ages.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of relevant laws, ethics and policies in midwifery and nursing in the Kingdom of Cambodia and overseas.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in research, the use of data and evidence in conducting health education and in improving health for all.
- Obtain and apply high skills and appropriate behavior in communications with patients, families, and clients, regardless of their gender, political beliefs, living standards, religion and race.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and to be able to work independently and in a team with people with different disciplines and nationalities.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and become effective in both working independently and in a team with others who have the same but sometimes different disciplines.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in basic technology and are ready to learn and share new knowledge and skills.
- Be able to communicate in English.
|ADM01-PHB||Psychology and health behavior||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM01-LSD||Life span development||Core/classroom||2|
|ADM01-PKC||Philosophy and Khmer Culture||Core/classroom||2|
|ADM01-CP||Communication & Pedagogy||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM01-EM||English and French Medical term||Elective/classroom||2|
|ADM01-AP1||Anatomy and Physiology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM01-FNM||Fundamental Nursing Methodology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM02-NH||Nutrition and health||Core/classroom||2|
|ADM02-FNT||Fundamental Nursing Theory||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM02-AP2||Anatomy and physiology 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM02-HP1||Human pathology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM02-HP2||Human pathology 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM02-FNM2||Fundamental Nursing Methodology 2||Core/practices||3|
|ADM02-FN1||Fundamentals of nursing 1||Core/practices||2|
|ADM02-FN2||Fundamentals of nursing 2||Core/practices||2|
|ADM03-LNP||Law & Nursing Practice||Elective/classroom||2|
|ADM03-AP3||Anatomy and Physiology 3||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM03-HP3||Human Pathology 3||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM03-FNM3||Fundamental Nursing Methodology 3||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM03-EAFA||Emergency and Frist Aid||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM03-FN3||Fundamentals nursing 3||Core/practices||2|
|ADM04-PPS||Parasitology and Parasite diseases||Core/classroom||2|
|ADM04-MC||Maternal care 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM04-HPAHE||Health promotion and health education||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM04-CMCHP||Community Mother and Child Health Promotion||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM04-FE||Fundamental of Epidemiology||Core/classroom||1|
|ADM04-MP||Midwifery Practice at HC/Community||Core/classroom||4|
|ADM05-MC||Maternal care 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADM05-MPHF||Midwifery Practice at Health Facilities||Core/practices||7|
ADM Program total credits = 144 credits (included English and basic computer)