Associate degree of nursing (ADN)
We follow the national curriculum on nursing, midwifery and medical laboratory of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. The nursing program is divided into 6 semesters with a total of 143 credits (excluded 33 credits of English and basic computer). Students conduct their clinical placement in the Institute, the community, public and private hospitals in Phnom Penh and Provinces, under the guidance and supervision from senior health workers and medical preceptors. On top of medical and technical studies, students have opportunities to enhance their basic computer and English proficiency. Basic computer and English are additional subjects to the national curriculum on nursing of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education.
By the end of the program, students will:
- Acquire and apply knowledge, skills, competencies, professionalism and appropriate behaviors in caring and nursing careers for people of all ages.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of relevant laws, ethics and policies in nursing in the Kingdom of Cambodia and overseas.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in research, the use of data and evidence in conducting health education and in improving health for all.
- Obtain and apply high skills and appropriate behavior in communications with patients, families, and clients, regardless of their gender, political beliefs, living standards, religion and race.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and to be able to work independently and in a team with people with different disciplines and nationalities.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in the management of health services and become effective in both working independently and in a team with others who have the same but sometimes different disciplines.
- Obtain and apply knowledge and skills in basic technology and are ready to learn and share new knowledge and skills.
- Be able to communicate in English.
|ADN01-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADN01-PHB||Psychology and health behavior||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN01-LSD||Life span development||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN01-EFMM||English and French medical term||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN01-LNP||Law and nursing practice||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN01-ONS||Overview of nursing science||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN01-FNT||Fundamentals of nursing theory||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN01-AP1||Anatomy and physiology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN01-HP1||Human pathology 1||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN01-FNM1||Fundamentals of nursing methodology 1||Core/practice||3|
|ADN02-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADN02-NH||Nutrition and health||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN02-PKC||Philosophy and Khmer culture||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN02-CNP||Communication and pedagogy||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN02-AP2||Anatomy and physiology 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN02-HP2||Human pathology 2||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN02-FNM2||Fundamentals of nursing methodology 2||Core/practices||3|
|ADN02-FN1||Fundamentals of nursing 1||Core/practices||2|
|ADN02-FN2||Fundamentals of nursing 2||Core/practices||2|
|ADN03-EM||English for medicine||Elective/classroom||8|
|ADN03-AP3||Anatomy and physiology 3||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN03-HP3||Human pathology 3||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN03-HP4||Human pathology 4||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN03-HP5||Human pathology 5||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN03-OCHN||Overview of community health
|ADN03-FNM3||Fundamentals of nursing
|ADN03-FN3||Fundamentals of nursing 3||Core/practices||2|
|ADN03-CHNHN||Community health nursing||Core/field work||1|
|ADN03-CH||Community health||Core/field work||1|
|ADN04-PPS||Parasitology and parasite diseases||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN04-PN1||Pediatric nursing 1||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-PN2||Pediatric nursing 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-PN3||Pediatric nursing 3||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN04-MN1||Maternal nursing 1||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-MN2||Maternal nursing 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-MN3||Maternal nursing 3||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-PNC||Pediatric nursing care||Core/practices||2|
|ADN04-MNC||Maternal nursing care||Core/practices||1|
|ADN05-MHN||Mental health nursing||Core/classroom||3|
|ADN05-AN1||Adult nursing 1||Core/classroom/practices||3|
|ADN05-AN2||Adult nursing 2||Core/classroom/practices||3|
|ADN05-AN3||Adult nursing 3||Core/classroom/practices||4|
|ADN06-NLM||Nursing leadership and management||Core/classroom||2|
|ADN06-FEM||Fundamentals of epidemiology||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-NR1||Nursing research 1||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN04-NR2||Nursing research 2||Core/classroom||1|
|ADN06-ENFA||Emergency nursing and first aids||Core/practices||1|
ADN Program total credits = 143 Credits (Included English and computer)
ADN Program total credits = 110 Credits (excluded English and computer)
ADN Program Total Hours = 2805 hours (excluded English and computer)
Theory = 1388 hours = 49.48%
Practice = 1417 hours = 50.52%